Colorado Springs Criminal Defense Attorney
Arrested Or Questioned By Colorado Police?
- The criminal defense law firm of Michael W. Moran, P.C. provides the experienced and effective legal services that every client requires to protect their legal rights from serious criminal charges and arrest.
- The professional staff at Michael W. Moran, P.C., will help you understand the charges filed against you, and provide clear and proven defense strategies to protect your legal rights against a biased legal system. We deliver piece of mind, personal service, and defense excellence to each and every client.
- Defense lawyer Mike Moran has earned the respect of prosecutors throughout the state by successfully defending thousands of Colorado clients against unjust DUI, DWAI, and DUID charges across Colorado. The criminal defense excellence honed as leading Colorado Springs DUI Attorneys extends to all other areas of criminal defense in Colorado.
Expert DUI, DWAI, & DUID Defense in Colorado Springs
- Following graduation from law school and launching his private practice, Mike Moran quickly earned the nickname “Mr. DUI” by local Colorado Springs law enforcement personnel whom whom he regularly defeated in Traffic Court and at jury trial. He was one of the first local attorneys certified in the operation of Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) “Intoxilizer” testing equipment. Mike’s intense attention to detail, knowledge of how breathalyzer equipment works (And how testing errors occur) have produced many courtroom victories for clients charged with DUI, DUID, and DWAI in the greater Colorado Springs area.
- The state of Colorado has some of the harshest criminal DUI statutes in the United States. In addition, criminal DUI cases are often heard before the court more quickly than in other states, which can put your liberty at stake unless you the very best legal counsel by your side to represent you in traffic court. The path from arrest to incarceration is a grueling process paved with fear, uncertainty and doubt. However, the outcome depends greatly on selecting the right attorney that will protect your constitutional rights and provide you the options that will keep your family, reputation, and career intact while facing a serious felony or misdemeanor charge.
Municipal Court Judge To Criminal Defense Attorney
- Regardless of the type of crime you have been charged with, Michael W. Moran will apply the full measure of his extensive legal training and familiarity of the Colorado Springs legal system to aggressively seek dismissal of charges against you. As an outstanding trial attorney and former Municipal Court Judge, Michael Moran has tried and won thousands of cases. Mike’s legal team is dedicated, compassionate, and ready to help all those who are currently dealing with felonious charges in the Colorado Springs area.
- Michael W. Moran, P.C. has represented thousands of clients who have been charged with criminal offenses in Colorado Springs and surrounding areas. We know the stress a person is under when facing arrest or is under investigation. Their freedom, welfare of their family and future all depend on the effectiveness, determination, and skill of the criminal defense attorney that represents them.
- The prosecuting attorney’s office will take the police report information about the alleged charge and do everything they possibly can to turn that information into a conviction and severely punish you with jail or prison time and fines. This is the time when you must have the most aggressive, experienced, and competent defense attorney that you can retain. An attorney on your side to protect your legal rights against a legal system with unlimited resources and manpower. A lawyer who will tirelessly fight on your behalf for the best possible resolution to your case.
Proven Criminal Defense Strategies
- It’s a fact – no defense lawyer can guarantee the outcome of a case. But your chances of obtaining a favorable case outcome increase greatly by retaining an attorney who commands respect from the prosecutor’s office. A DUI & criminal defense lawyer with the experience, legal skills, and jury trial success track record to guide you through these incredibly difficult moments in your life. Colorado Spring’s attorney Mike Moran is the logical choice to represent you if you are charged with any felony or misdemeanor crime. The fact is a criminal conviction can continue to have negative effects long after the case is closed. A felony or misdemeanor conviction in this state can lead to much more than just incarceration, probation, or parole. With a conviction on your permanent record you may be denied housing, the right to vote, ownership of a firearm, or even finding suitable employment.
- We offer free consultations and case evaluations and encourage potential clients to contact us as soon as an arrest appears to be likely. We can examine and explain you legal options and to give you the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have concerning or related to your legal issue. Attorney Moran will treat your case as his own and aggressively fight on your behalf to ensure the most positive possible outcome to your legal situation.
When dealing with police, remember these important points:
- You have the right to remain silent, use it. Trying to talk your way out of an arrest is a very bad idea. When police feel that probable cause may exist to arrest exists, you will be expertly questioned on the spot. Police can legally concoct false statements and stories in a devious attempt to extract more evidence that can be used against you in court. Don’t fall for the typical “We have a witness” lie. Be polite & physically cooperative, but say nothing other than “I want to speak to an attorney”. A felony or misdemeanor arrest is an intimidating and life-changing event. The entire Criminal Justice system is working against you and to convict and punish you as quickly as possible. Don’t help them by hoping that if you appear helpful when questioned that they will just let you go – it never works that way. If you find yourself in this unfortunate position, don’t talk to anyone before you consult with an outstanding Criminal Defense Attorney.