Michael W. Moran was admitted to the Colorado Bar in 1994 and has been a practicing criminal trial lawyer since that time. He practices in El Paso County District and County Courts, Municipal Court, and Federal Court. He also practices in surrounding counties, including Teller, Manitou Springs, Fountain, Pueblo, Castle Rock and Canon City. From 1995 through 1998 Mike served as the City of Victor Municipal Court Judge. He has tried over 100 trials and settled over 1,000 cases.
Mike was certified to operate the Intoxlizyer 5000 and certified to conduct Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol (DUI)fDriving While Ability Impaired by Alcohol (DWAI) roadside maneuvers. This is invaluable in assessing each DUI/DWAI case. Mike also owns an Intoxilizyer 5000 breath machine which enables him to have a unique understanding of testing procedures. He is knowledgeable concerning the Department of Public Health chemical testing procedures. This includes breath testing, blood testing and urinalysis. Mike is experienced and current on Department of Motor Vehicle IExpress Consent Statutes resulting from drinking and driving and case law. He regularly attends seminars held by the Department of Motor Vehicle Hearing Officers. He is current on legislative updates that affect driver’s suspension issues on DUI/DWAI charges.
Mike’s expertise ranges from small traffic matters to high profile cases involving intensive media coverage.
Michael Moran is a Southern Colorado native. He attended college at University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. He completed law school at the University of Denver. Mike serves on the following boards and committees:
- University of Colorado – Colorado Springs Search Committee to elect President of the University.
- First Appearance Committee at El Paso County Combined Courts. This Committee oversees administration of all misdemeanor cases in that jurisdiction.
- Mentor Lawyer on Teen Court at Colorado Springs Municipal Court.
- Frequent lecturer at the Colorado Springs Public Defender’s Office speaking on Driving Under the Influence cases, Driving Under Restraint, Constitutional Suprression issues.
- Commissioner on the Alternative Defense Counsel organization in Denver, Colorado which oversees the appointment of court appointed attorneys to indigent defendants.
Mike resides in Colorado Springs. He is married and has two children. He is active as a coach for LaCrosse and other activities involving school-aged children.
Mike is passionate in providing excellent representation for each client. He prides himself on
being responsive and providing sound legal advice. Please call 719-447-1923 for a free consultation. You may also email [email protected] The ofñce is located at 220 East Costilla Street, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80903.