Former Judge Turned Criminal Defense Lawyer
As a former municipal court judge, Michael W. Moran understands the criminal justice system inside and out. His experience as a judge means that he has built professional relationships with court officials in the Colorado Springs area that can help his clients get favorable conclusions to their criminal trial.
Michael W. Moran was admitted to the Colorado Bar in 1994 and has been a practicing criminal trial lawyer since that time. He practices in El Paso County District and County Courts, Municipal Court, and Federal Court. He also practices in surrounding counties, including Teller, Manitou Springs, Fountain, Pueblo, Castle Rock and Canon City. From 1995 through 1998 Mike served as the City of Victor Municipal Court Judge. He has tried over 100 trials and settled over 1,000 cases.
Mr. Moran is certified to operate the Intoxilizyer 5000 and certified to conduct Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol (DUI) Driving While Ability Impaired by Alcohol (DWAI) roadside maneuvers. This is invaluable in assessing each DUI/DWAI case. Michael W. Moran, P.C. also owns an Intoxilizyer 5000 breath machine which enables him to have a unique understanding of testing procedures.
Mr. Moran is knowledgeable concerning the Department of Public Health chemical testing procedures, including:
- Breath testing
- Blood testing
Mike Moran's expertise ranges from small traffic matters to high profile cases involving intensive media coverage. He is experienced and current on Department of Motor Vehicle IExpress Consent Statutes resulting from drinking and driving and case law, regularly attends seminars held by the Department of Motor Vehicle Hearing Officers, and stays current on legislative updates that affect driver’s suspension issues on DUI/DWAI charges.
Mr. Moran has served on the following Colorado boards and committees:
- University of Colorado - Colorado Springs Search Committee to elect President of the University.
- First Appearance Committee at El Paso County Combined Courts. This Committee oversees administration of all misdemeanor cases in that jurisdiction.
- Mentor Lawyer on Teen Court at Colorado Springs Municipal Court.
- Frequent lecturer at the Colorado Springs Public Defender's Office speaking on Driving Under the Influence cases, Driving Under Restraint, Constitutional Suprression issues.
- Commissioner on the Alternative Defense Counsel organization in Denver, Colorado which oversees the appointment of court appointed attorneys to indigent defendants.
Michael Moran is a Southern Colorado native and earned his undergraduate and law degree in Colorado.
Michael W. Moran, P.C. is the Colorado Springs criminal defense law office that professional clients turn to when facing any kind of criminal legal situation. Michael W. Moran provides more than just courtroom defense; our litigation experience can help clients with other legal matters, including:
- Criminal record expungement
- Probation violations
- Traffic court
- Municipal courts
- Colorado federal court
How Will Our Law Firm Help?
- Finding and examining witnesses on your behalf
- Representing you in the court room and at DMV hearings
- Challenging the evidence against you
- Staying in contact with you throughout the trial process
- Advising you on how to plea
- Working with prosecutors to set up plea bargains
- Helping you fulfill parole or probation obligations, if necessary
The staff at Michael W. Moran, P.C. understand how hard criminal charges can be on their clients and families. As well as helping our clients with legal matters, our attorneys will safeguard their well-being and help clients get through the criminal matter with the minimum of stress. If you are facing criminal charges, call our experienced and compassionate Colorado Springs criminal defense attorneys today for a free consultation.
If you are facing criminal charges in Colorado, it is important to choose a defense attorney with a wealth of experience, finely honed legal skills and a dedication to helping their clients. The team at the law offices of Michael Moran has these qualities and can help you settle your legal matter in a timely manner. With one of our attorneys on your side, you can come out of your criminal trial with your freedom and your dignity intact. Call today for a free consultation.
Our firm is passionate in providing excellent representation for each client, and pride ourselves on
being responsive and providing sound legal advice.
Contact a Colorado Springs Criminal Defense Lawyer at the firm for aggressive defense of criminal charges.
220 East Costilla
Colorado Springs. CO 80903